RPR 2014 Release Highlights
In 2014, RPR continued with the goal of releasing high value products for each of the specific industry segments of the REALTOR® family: Agents, Brokers, Commercial, Appraisers, MLSs and Associations. The year included 8 major product releases, bringing the total number of new feature releases to 36 since the launch of RPR’s initial Residential Application in September 2010. Below are some of the year’s highlights.
- RPR version 1.28 – On January 16, 2014 RPR introduced the RPR Dashboard for MLSs and Associations. This also included the federal version of the Economic Area Reports serving Association Governmental Affairs Directors (GADs) and NAR members who serve as Federal Political Coordinators (FPCs). Additionally, this release marked the completion of RPR’s migration to a new data center in Jacksonville, FL.
- RPR version 1.29 – On March 12, 2014 RPR released the local version of the Economic Area Reports, designed for use with local, county and municipal elected officials and Economic Development Corporations. This release also included other improvements throughout the RPR website.
- RPR version 1.30 – On April 28, 2014 RPR released enhanced saving, or “favoriting,” of properties and searches; added large-format photo galleries on the Property Details page; updated flood maps; and introduced new options to suppress automated valuation information in reports, and development for the framework of the RPR Mobile™ Application.
- RPR version 1.31 – On June 21, 2014 RPR introduced an annual renewal function for RPR users’ assistant accounts, along with performance improvements for reporting, and added a freshened-up logged-out homepage. This version of RPR also included behind-the-scenes work to improve the quality and efficiency of RPR’s listing data feeds as well as management tools to support the growing number and range of RPR users and features.
- RPR version 1.32 – On July 29, 2014 RPR released a number of refinements, including improved labeling on Property Details pages and a new area displaying unit details for multi-unit properties. In RPR Commercial, RPR introduced deep linking and flood data information.
- RPR version 1.33 – The release on September 4, 2014 marked the culmination of the background work on one of RPR’s biggest projects: RPR Mobile™. The release also included improvements to many areas of the RPR website, including displaying square footage ranges, a new chart in the RPR Market Data Report for MLSs and Associations, and additional details on Home Owners Associations and room description information.
- RPR version 1.34 – On October 28, 2014 RPR released RPR Mobile™, and on the website introduced more flexibility when adjusting the comps by allowing REALTORS® to choose which version of a property record to use as the comp: Public Record, Sold Listing, Historical Listing, or refined value. The matching used for School information between MLS and Great Schools was also improved.
- RPR version 1.35 – On November 20, 2014 RPR added school search to RPR Mobile™, while also introducing a newly redesigned homepage for the RPR website, and new ability to choose which version of a property photo to include in a Comp Analysis.
RPR Mobile was the major feature release in 2014, delivering the robust data from RPR to iPhone and Android phones. With RPR Mobile™, REALTORS® are using their location to quickly access on and off market properties, create and send company branded reports and view local market conditions.
In the short time since it’s release, RPR Mobile™ has already seen multiple updates including the ability for REALTORS® to draw a custom search area, and most recently, a new School Search via our Advanced Search function. This new functionality makes it easy for REALTORS® to search schools within an area, and then find properties within that school’s attendance zone, or view a school’s Great Schools rating, and contact information.
Coming in 2015-RPR Mobile™ for Tablets
RPR has started development on the iPad and Android Tablet version of RPR Mobile™. This is an important step in ensuring RPR is available on the platforms REALTORS® use to carry out their work activities. We expect the RPR Mobile™ for tablets to be available by the end of Q2 2015.
Focus on RPR Commercial
RPR Commercial was launched in November 2012 and designed to provide high value market intelligence, consumer segmentation, and trade area information to REALTORS® working with Commercial clients and customers. To highlight key features of RPR Commercial, RPR just completed production on a promotional video that will be used in 2015 to communicate the value of this powerful resource. Please take a minute to watch the video below.
Thank You For a Successful 2014
As RPR closes out its fifth year as your REALTOR® owned technology company, we would like to thank the many members who volunteered on RPR boards, councils and task forces. Like all segments of the REALTOR® industry, RPR’s success would not be possible without your dedication and support.
We wish you all a joyous and happy New Year and a prosperous 2015.