2015 Year-End Wrap-Up
2015 marked a pivotal year for RPR as it continued its goal of providing high value tools, features and reports to NAR’s 1.1 million REALTORS®. At the NAR Legislative Meetings in May, the NAR Board of Directors approved funding for RPR’s AMP™ project, or Advanced Multi-list Platform™. As of December 31, 2015, 40 MLSs representing over 128,000 subscribers are formally involved in the strategic planning and development of RPR’s innovative back-end MLS technology solution. For more information on RPR AMP™ visit: blog.narrpr.com/rpr-amp.
In tandem with the RPR AMP™ approval, the NAR Board of Directors also voted to begin the development of Project Upstream. In October 2015, UpstreamRE, LLC, NAR and RPR executed a license agreement to begin to develop Upstream as a solution for brokerage firms designed to provide a single source of listing entry and data distribution. Recently in RISMedia, Geoff Lewis, President of Re/Max LLC offered his perspective on the Upstream value proposition, and how it can benefit companies of all sizes. RPR and NAR are looking forward to working closely with UpstreamRE, LLC in 2016. For more information on Upstream, visit: blog.narrpr.com/upstream.
2015 Product Releases
This year RPR developed and launched 11 major product releases, bringing the total number of new feature releases to 47 since RPR’s initial residential launch in 2010. The following are highlights of those releases.
- RPR version 1.36 – January 20, 2015
- Enhancements to report cover photos, high school attendance zones and drive time information.
- Added Commercial property facts, RPR Dashboard Market Data Report for Associations, and customizations to the RPR Broker AVM.
- RPR version 1.37 – February 23, 2015
- Updates to RPR’s Comps Analysis workflow and user profile pages.
- RPR Mobile™ enhancements for both Android and Apple iOS users.
- Updated information for RPR Economic Area Reports for Associations, and new features for Service Modules in the RPR Broker Tools.
- RPR version 1.38 – March 23, 2015
- Added Maponics Walkability Scores to all properties, offering an Overall Score, Amenity Score, and Leisure Score.
- Added new single page Property Flyer, designed for agents who want an easy way to produce a marketing piece for any residential property.
- Additional features also included enhanced public records and Comps Analysis and Active Listing Charts enhancements to the RPR Dashboard.
- RPR version 1.39 – April 21, 2015
- Enhanced navigation added to both RPR Residential and RPR Commercial.
- Updated Commercial Reports and refreshed demographic and tapestry data for all ESRI elements in RPR’s thematic maps, Trade Area and Economic Area Reports.
- RPR version 1.40 – May 19, 2015
- Improvements to the RPR Property Details pages includes information where an MLS has chosen to highlight extra details about the property, such as flooring types, location information including views from the property and distance to recreation, HOA information, additional school information, as well as eco-friendly construction features.
- RPR version 1.41 – June 23, 2015
- Refreshed geographic boundary data, Market Activity Report generation from RPR map overlays and new Distressed Inventory Tab for Active properties.
- Commercial enhancements, including additional Building Suite information and User added property information.
- RPR version 1.42 – July 28, 2015
- RPR Mobile™ is adapted for use on iOS and Android tablets.
- Enhanced unemployment data for RPR Economic Area Reports and Commercial Trade Area Reports.
- Updates to distressed property information and public record/APN matching for property searches.
- RPR version 1.43 – September 2, 2015
- Improved school searching, greater customization for the Property Flyer.
- Enhancements to RPR Mobile™, including increased optimization for tablets.
- RPR version 1.44 – September 22, 2015
- Enhancements to the RPR Property Flyer.
- Updates to RPR Mobile™.
- RPR version 1.45 – October 22, 2015
- New School Report, powered by GreatSchools data and enhanced distressed property information.
- New and improved Broker Data Tool allowing brokers to configure and deliver reports on a monthly basis for more than 100 different charts.
- RPR version 1.46 – December 8, 2015
- Google Street View was added to Property Details page.
- Share direct link to RPR report or post report via Facebook.
- Points of Interest (POIs) have been added to Residential and refreshed in Commercial.
Columbus and Central Ohio MLS Partners with RPR
RPR is pleased to announce the execution of a Data License Agreement with the Columbus and Central Ohio MLS. The agreement will allow the MLS’s active and off market listing data to be integrated into the RPR platform for its 6,800 REALTORS®.
“Our central Ohio real estate experts are very excited to add the Realtors Property Resource, enhanced with our MLS data, to their professional toolset,” says Stan Collins, Chief Executive Officer, Columbus & Central Ohio Regional MLS.
The Columbus and Central Ohio MLS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Columbus Board of REALTORS® (CBR). Within this service area, thousands of professional real estate brokers and sales associates share listing and sale information and work together to serve the buying and selling public. The MLS has been successfully helping the Columbus area sell homes since 1955.
This month’s REALTOR® spotlight features Christian Zarif, a REALTOR® with Better Homes and Gardens Kansas City Homes. In a recent interview with RISMedia, Christian explained that she uses RPR frequently with both her buyers and sellers. “RPR is my main source when pulling a CMA or market stats for sellers. It’s critical for me going into a listing presentation. I can go in eyes wide open because RPR provides me with that extra knowledge before going into appointments,” says Christian.
When out with buyers, she uses RPR Mobile™ to provide real-time insight into properties. Using RPR Mobile™ Christian shares, “I can see a vacant plot of land behind the house or a neighboring parcel and find out very quickly who owns that property and what it sold for. “RPR puts you on another level in terms of your knowledge, and especially in terms of the client’s perception.”
Read the complete story over at Rismedia.
From all of us at RPR, we want to wish you and your family a very successful and healthy new year.
Dale L. Ross
Chief Executive Officer
Realtors Property Resource®, LLC