Realtors Property Resource, a member benefit for the National Association of Realtors, has an immediate opening for a SQL Server Database Engineer in central Orange County, California. If building and tuning databases and high-performance ETL is your forte, then read on!
The heart of this 10-year-old company is one of the largest collections of property-specific data in the world, front-ended by a platform that has become a must-have utility for many of our 1.3 million members. It provides members the information they need to stay authoritative in the industry and firmly at the center of the real estate transaction. Our next-generation platform will integrate more data and analysis in creative and beautiful ways, creating a faster, more useful and engaging platform for our users. We will improve reliability, increase frequency, reduce latency, improve data quality, provide accurate reporting and reduce labor all while getting product and service updates to market faster. Exciting career possibilities!
This SQL Server Database Engineer role requires a broadly- and deeply-skilled technologist who is keenly able to build and support end-to-end technological solutions that precisely address our business challenges. In addition to database and ETL design, this position also includes building operational reporting for internal stakeholders, analytical industry reporting, and ongoing support for all database operations.
- Build and support complex SSIS-based ETL solutions that are reliable, restartable, performant, accurate, easily-managed and monitored, and that efficiently use server resources.
- Work with the Product and Development teams to define and refine requirements into solutions that meet our business objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Estimate tasks with a level of granularity and accuracy commensurate with information provided.
- Integrate deep instrumentation in every feature, to aid in troubleshooting and performance monitoring (e.g. rows/second for each step of an ETL package).
- Perform unit testing and write documentation to improve maintainability and knowledge transfer.
- Work collaboratively with a team of 2-4 other Database Engineers, under the guidance of a Data/ETL Architect.
- Provide an excellent level of support for delivered data solutions and chip in to support other teams/departments when needed (end-to-end problem resolution).
- Other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Results-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and deliver results.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong desire to constantly improve reliability, performance and accuracy.
- Strong T-SQL development experience, with the ability to tune, re-write or create from scratch complex queries, stored procedures, functions, triggers, views, etc.
- Strong SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) development skills, with a keen understanding of package design, logging, orchestration, etc.
- A mindset for performance monitoring, testing and tuning.
- Proficiency with database/server performance analysis tools such as Profiler, Performance Monitor, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with application developers and other team members to provide database modeling and design that fits very tightly with all tiers of the application.
- Operate independently when required, taking ownership of a project and running with it through completion with minimal supervision.
- A strong work ethic and can-do attitude that meshes well with this fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to be productive while working from home 1 day per week.
- Passion about writing high-performance, reliable, scalable and maintainable code.
- Ability to refine and automate routine, labor-intensive processes.
- Experience with business intelligence/data visualization products like SSAS, PowerBI, AWS QuickSight, Splunk, Tableau, etc.
- Experience interpreting results from load tests (Windows OS, SQL) to pinpoint performance challenges prior to production release.
- Experience with SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience managing and tuning SQL server in a virtualized/Cloud environment.
- Experience with Visual Studio/GIT or similar source control repository.
- Experience with database performance monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer (DPA/Ignite), etc.
- Experience with cloud services such as specialized data storage, caching, business intelligence reporting, etc.
- Experience with Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a 4-year college or university AND 3+ years of proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 / 2016 / 2017 / 2019.
- 3+ years of proficiency using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Competitive Salary + Performance-based Bonus
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company-paid insurance plus additional voluntary benefit options
- Wellness program offering significant discounts on benefits
- 401K with company match
- Generous company-paid holidays, vacations and sick/personal days
- Job training opportunities
- Education reimbursement opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.