2023 HOW’S THE MARKET VIDEO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The 2023 How’s the Market Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to members of the National Association of REALTORS® who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (an eligible “Entrant”). CONTEST NOT OPEN TO STAFF OF REALTORS PROPERTY RESOURCE® (“RPR”), THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (“NAR”) AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND INSTITUTES, AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS AND HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS OF SUCH STAFF. Contest starts on or about 2pm CT on May 4, 2023 and ends on or about 11:59pm CT June 8, 2023 (“Contest Period”).
- OFFICIAL RULES: The rules, terms and conditions specified herein for the Contest comprise its Official Rules and will govern all participation in the Contest. Please take a moment to review these Official Rules which, by your participation, you agree will govern all matters relating to the Contest and which cannot be modified or superseded except by RPR, in its reasonable discretion, in a written revision to these Official Rules, which will be posted to http://blog.narrpr.com/rules.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Entrants are responsible for compliance with their employer’s policies and all applicable laws, rules and regulations (“Laws”) regarding eligibility to participate in this Contest. If an individual is participating in violation of their employer’s policies or applicable Laws, that individual may be disqualified from this Contest. RPR disclaims any and all liability and responsibility for disputes related to this matter.
- PRIZES: The prizes (“Prizes”) will consist of the following:
- First Place Prize: One (1) Visa Gift Card with a value of $250.00.
- Second Place Prize: One (1) Visa Gift Card with a value of $150.00.
- Third Place Prize: One (1) VISA Gift Card with a value of $75.00.
- Fourth Place Prize: One (1) RPR T-Shirt or one (1) RPR Water Bottle (winner’s choice)
One (1) First Place, Second Place, and Third Place Prize will be awarded. Twenty (20) Fourth Place Prizes will be awarded. RPR will randomly draw the relevant number of winners from all Entrants. To be eligible for the drawing, Entrants must enter the Contest as described below in Section 5.
- HOW TO ENTER:
Entrants may enter the Contest by completing the entry form available through the following link: https://blog.narrpr.com/contest. Limit one (1) entry per Entrant. Any additional entries will be deemed void. Entrants must submit to RPR the information deemed “Required” within the entry form, which includes, but is not limited to, a link to a video at least thirty (30) seconds long that incorporates at least one (1) chart or graph from RPR’s Shareable Market Trends. Incomplete or fraudulent entries will be disqualified and void. All eligible entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges appointed by RPR. Correspondence about entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Any attempted participation by any means except as permitted by these Official Rules is void. For this Contest only, by participating Entrants expressly authorize RPR to contact them at the email address provided for purposes of fulfilling this Contest. This authorization overrides any “do not contact” or solicitation preference Entrants have previously expressed to RPR and NAR.
- JUDGING CRITERIA; DETERMINING AND NOTIFYING WINNERS: The winners in each category will be selected by a panel of qualified judges (“Judge’s Panel”) appointed by RPR prior to June 8, 2023. The Judge’s Panel will review all eligible entries and select a winner based on:
- Creativity: the uniqueness and originality in showcasing RPR’s Shareable Market Trends charts
- Clarity: The clarity of the explanation of market insights derived from the RPR Shareable Market Trends charts and their relevance to the presented scenario;
- Presentation: Overall quality of the video production, including visuals audio and editing;
- Engagement: Ability to capture viewers attention and effectively communicate what’s happening in the market using RPR’s Shareable Market Trends.
Winners will be announced on or around June 12, 2023. RPR will notify the winners via telephone or email on June 14, 2023. If a winner is unable to be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact them, RPR may select an alternate winner in their place. An Entrant is not a winner of any Prize until Entrant’s eligibility has been verified. RPR’s decisions, including without limitation, what constitutes a “qualified judge” and its acceptance of the decisions of the Judge’s Panel, are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. All potential winners are subject to verification by RPR.
Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of notification. If any individuals appear in the video submitted by the winner, winner pay be required to provide publicity releases for those individuals in order to claim the Prize. If the affidavit and release are not signed and returned within seven (7) days, or if the Prize notification is returned to RPR as undeliverable, then an alternative winner will be selected.
All Prizes will be awarded. Instructions on claiming and/or receiving the Prize will be provided to the winner at the time of notification.
- USE OF SUBMITTED VIDEOS BY RPR. By accepting a Prize, a winner grants to RPR the right to edit, publish, copy, display, distribute, perform, and otherwise use the winner’s submitted video in all business, advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. The winner represents and warrants that the video submitted in connection with this Contest does not infringe the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights.
- AUTHORIZATION TO USE WINNER’S NAME AND INFORMATION: The winner, where lawful, grants permission for the use of winner’s name, voice, city, state, and photograph for advertising and promotional purposes in conjunction with the Contest and similar promotions without additional compensation
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By completing an entry or accepting a Prize, all Entrants release and hold harmless RPR and its parent corporation NAR, and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expenses arising out of or relating to the participation in this Contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, including, without limitation, failed or delayed electronic communications whether caused by Entrant, RPR or NAR, any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest, and typographical, technological or other error in the promotion or administration of this Contest. Entrants further acknowledge that RPR and its parent corporation NAR are not responsible or liable for the warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, related to the Prize. By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules. Any taxes imposed upon a Prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- CANCELLATION OF PROMOTION: If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, or fraud beyond the control of RPR, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, RPR reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by RPR in its discretion, will be disqualified from the Contest. Any attempt to damage RPR’s or its parent corporation NAR’s websites, or tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of these Official Rules.
- GOVERNING LAW: The Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, and the forum and venue for any disputes will be in federal court located in Cook County, Illinois.
- WINNER’S LIST: For a list of the winners, please contact Reggie Nicolay at [email protected] by September 30, 2023.
- REALTOR® TRADEMARKS: REALTOR® and REALTORS® are federally registered collective membership marks owned by NAR which identify real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics.
REALTORS PROPERTY RESOURCE® (RPR)
430 N. MICHIGAN AVENUE
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60611