You know that old saying, “You only have one chance to make a first impression”? Well, it couldn’t be more true than when describing a listing presentation appointment. You must show up prepared. You need to stand out from all the other agents the sellers are interviewing. You must prove your local market expertise. Without a doubt, you know you’re the best REALTOR® for the job, but you must convince the sellers.
You need a comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand report. You want something impressive, something to make you stand out. Enter Realtors Property Resource, NAR’s national parcel-centric database containing over 160 million properties. As a member benefit exclusively for REALTORS®, not only does RPR has all the data you need, but in a format sure to impress even the most picky client. Consider this:
- An RPR Seller’s Report can be quickly run on over 160 million properties in the country and includes data such as mortgage information, distressed information, tax assessment history, historical photos, and more.
- An RPR Seller’s Report shows detailed market activity over time, showing your clients exactly what is going on in their neighborhood. Do your sellers live in an area with many distressed properties? Are homes selling quickly with multiple offers? Charts, graphs and detailed market information are automatically included in the RPR Seller’s Report.
- An RPR Seller’s Report features a customized comp analysis. You choose the properties. Use your expertise to adjust the comps accordingly. The result: comps are displayed side-by-side for easy analysis.
- Has the seller done any home improvements? Make sure they know just how that $55,000 remodeled kitchen in 2011 is worth today. Or perhaps they are considering doing a quick bathroom remodel before the home is listed. Show them exactly what spending $7,500 will return in list price. Do they have the largest lot on the block? Your refined property value is included in your RPR Seller’s Report.
- Your RPR Seller’s Report can be displayed on your laptop, an iPad or printed out for display at your appointment. You can even quickly email your client a copy before you leave! The best part? It’s branded with your name, company and photo, so they know whom to contact for that listing.
Creating an RPR Seller’s Report doesn’t take much time at all. In fact, many ‘RPR All Stars’ brag about how quickly they have created reports that their clients thought they spent hours creating!
So the next time you book a listing appointment, login to RPR, search for the property, conduct your analysis and create an RPR Seller’s Report. And don’t forget to take that listing agreement with you…you’re going to need it.