How to Create a Market Activity Report for any Neighborhood
When your clients or prospects are interested in tracking a neighborhood’s activity, the RPR Market Activity report is the perfect fit. First, it’s flexible and can be generated for any geography, even areas drawn by hand using the RPR map. In addition, the report itself includes changes in a local real estate market based on listing information and MLS data.
The Market Activity report can include active, pending, sold, expired, distressed, new for lease, and recently leased properties, as well as recent price changes and upcoming open houses for a period of up to six months.
Rather than simply talk about it, let’s walk through the process of creating a Market Activity report for a specific neighborhood we draw. For this example, we are interested in showcasing New, Pending, and Recently Sold Listings, as well as Price Changes. We will only include single family residences, and will include the previous three months of activity.
Market Activity How-To
- Visit RPR at narrpr.com.
- From the main navigation, select Residential Market Activity Search.
- Type the area name: City, ZIP or neighborhood name.
- Check each Change Type you want to include. We’ll check For Sale, New Listings, Pending, and Closed, and Price Change.
- Choose how far back to go for properties using the “Changes in the” dropdown. We’ll choose Last Month.
- Now deselect all property types except Single Family Residence.
- Select More Filters to narrow down your search parameters further.
- Choose Update and Search.
Zeroing in on a Neighborhood
- From the Map View, zoom and pan to clearly show the subject neighborhood.
- From the Map Tools section, select “Draw ” or choose from the “Show Geographies” drop down.
- If you’ve selected “Draw”, click on “Freehand” then use your mouse to draw your search area. When you connect the last point, a prompt to save, search or create a Market Activity Report appears. Click “Save Area” and then give the area a name. Now choose Create Market Activity Report.
- OR if you have selected Show Geographies, select either Micro, Minor, Intermediate or Macro boundaries. (Note that as you adjust your map zoom level these choices may appear or disappear.). Select an area and click “Search in This Area” or “Create Market Activity Report”.
Generating the Market Activity Report
- Confirm Market Activity is selected.
- Select the “+” plus symbol to expand report details.
- Confirm the report elements.
- Personalize your report.
- Choose a delivery method: Download or Email.
- Select Run Report.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Leave A Comment
TUTORIALS & GUIDES
[…] be covering. If the area is a neighborhood, try using the RPR Neighborhood search tool, or create a Market Activity report for any geographic area. For this example, I’ll generate a Market Activity report for a neighborhood and we can use the […]
Love RPR – their market report Rocks – we use RPR for everything including market appraisals
Exactly what I was looking for – Thank you