Social Media Friendly Market Update with RPR and Canva
Now that you understand the basics of editing a Canva template, let’s focus on customizing a Market Stats template using data from RPR.
First, click this link and then select “Use Template.” The design shown below will open.
Next, we need to get the data from RPR to update our graphic. You’ll need to visit RPR and search for the area you’ll be covering. If the area is a neighborhood, try using the RPR Neighborhood search tool, or create a Market Activity report for any geographic area. For this example, I’ll generate a Market Activity report for a neighborhood and we can use the data from there.
- Within RPR, select “Research” from the main navigation and then choose “Map Search.”
(Note: If the map is open to the correct area, simply pan or zoom the map as needed to get centered on your area. If it’s not, use the search bar to enter your area.)
- From the top of the RPR map, select the “Show Geographies” pull-down.
- Select “Intermediate Neighborhoods,” and neighborhood outlines will display on the map wherever available.
- Locate the neighborhood you’ll be covering. In my case, it’s called “Lake Forest neighborhood in Lake Oswego, OR.”
- Select the area, and it will turn an orange color, and a map balloon will display.
- Click “Create Market Activity” report.
Once the Market Activity report has been generated, open it and navigate to page #2. We’ll use the Median Estimated Home Value and 12-Month Price Change for this template.
Next, navigate back to Canva with the Market Update template open. Double click on the blue median estimated home value text. It will become highlighted. Now type the correct number from your Market Activity Report. In this case, it was $690K, so type that amount in.
Then repeat this for the “Change Over the Last 12 Months”. In this case, that was 26.11%, so type that now.
See how easy that was? Now update the colors and image as needed using the directions from the start of the article.